How we’ll support you
We want you to thrive at Manchester and have a number of support services and resources available to help you make the most of your time with us.
As a member of research staff you'll benefit from:
- an induction programme organised by your School or Faculty;
- the annual Research Staff Conference;
- access to mentoring schemes (such as the Manchester Gold Scheme) delivered by qualified mentors;
- an annual performance and development review;
- an online Research Staff Handbook;
- opportunities to get involved in representing your research community at Faculty/School and University levels (for example, at the Research Staff Strategy Group);
- the ability to apply for the flagship accredited Managing at Manchester for Researchers programme;
- access to Masood Entrepreneurship Centre – the University’s entrepreneurial hub that supports the development of start-ups.
We invest up to £250,000 in our wellbeing services which include sports facilities, online mental health support and in-house counselling, occupational health and disability support services.
The Counselling Service provides online and face-to-face support and training to cover a range of personal issues, which may affect researchers’ work or study.
Disability Advisory Support Service (DASS)
DASS supports a variety of different people with different disabilities across the University. Their service is confidential and can help with a variety of concerns including: assessing staff for aids and equipment; advising on reasonable adjustments; and helping with access or parking arrangements.